- Completed Step #4 today, nearly injuring myself in the exertion. Did I mention that established grasses have deep and extensive roots?
- Also completed Step #5, replacing the Panicum.
- Added Step #9. I'd overlooked this shrub, and need to find a place where it can featured, while still kept in bounds with the garden. I think where the Aronia once stood, a transplant I did in the Spring of this year.
- I'm taking photos as the work progresses. See Before and After below.
- Reordered based on the progress I'm making. Because the Rhododendron is shallow-rooted, I decided to leave that until the last weekend before Thanksgiving, when I'll visit my sister and deliver her plants.
It's a long weekend for me. The weather favors gardening.
I've got seven shrubs - and one or two mature perennials - to plant, transplant, and move out. Here's the plan.